5 Ingredient Keto Biscuits

Biscuits……cut, drop, buttery, flaky, moist, crispy. So many different types of biscuits. When I was a kid my Mom would make drop biscuits from the famous “Bisquik”.

Those little mounds of bread-like-crumbly-goodness were almost always covered in sausage gravy. Biscuits and gravy was another weekend favorite at our house! I have come to realize that it is definitely an American thing😊 My friend from the UK had never heard of it before! Who would have thought🤔

So yesterday was my husbands birthday and every year I make him lots of goodies from breakfast all the way to dinner! Of course, breakfast was biscuits and gravy! Since he is NOT following a gluten free, keto eating style I made him scratch biscuits with wheat flour. I couldn’t miss out on the yumminess so I made a 2nd batch of biscuits for me!

Now I have tried countless recipes for gluten free, keto, paleo biscuits, but they were mostly ok. Nothing too wonderful to share and shout out to everyone about ……..until now!!

Only 5 ingredients and 10-12 minutes later you will be enjoying some melt-in-your-mouth-goodness that you will be telling everyone about😊

First you will need 1 cup + 2 Tbsp COLD Blanched,Almond Flour, 2 Tbsp COLD butter. If your flour and butter are not super cold the dough will not set up right. If they need to chill, put in fridge for 20min minimum to work.

Add in 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp baking powder. Begin cutting in the butter, pastry cutter works best here.

Whisk whites well until frothy.

Cut/stir in egg whites to the dry mix with a KNIFE. It sounds strange, but it helps to keep them light textured.

Your dough should come together like this. Its ready to bake!

I used a cookie scoop to place on my lined cookie sheet. It is approx. 2 Tbsp of batter per biscuit if you don’t have a scoop.

Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 400F oven until golden brown.

Yummy biscuit goodness waiting to be devoured!! These are great warmed up if you have left overs. Makes approx. 6 biscuits.

5 INGREDIENT KETO BISCUITS

1 cup + 2 Tbsp COLD Blanched, Almond Flour (place in fridge 20 min if not cold)

1 tsp. Baking Powder

1/4 tsp of salt

2 Tbsp COLD,HARD, Salted butter

3 Egg Whites from 3 LARGE Eggs

First you will need 1 cup + 2 Tbsp COLD Almond Flour, 2 Tbsp COLD butter.

Add in 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp baking powder.

Begin cutting in the butter, pastry cutter works best here. It should have a medium crumb consistency. You want little pea size bits of butter.

Now you will need egg whites from 3 LARGE Eggs. Its important they be large so your amounts are not off. Whisk whites well until frothy.

Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 400F oven until golden brown.

Makes approx. 6 biscuits. @ 1g carb each.

—————————

Tell me your memory of biscuits!

Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any of my new recipes!

Check us out on Facebook too!

View my video below where you can watch me make it!

Get set up on wordpress with your own site to share your stories, recipes or more! Click HERE to get started!

56 Comments Add yours

1. Alicia says:

This is not what this biscuit looks like when it’s done I promise! They don’t taste bad though, but you will need all 6 to have a decent meal.

1. It is possible with different almond flour to have a different result. I use Bobs Red Mill almond flour. It is a mealy texture in its raw form. I use mine in biscuits and gravy so the shape doesn’t matter much. Thank you for trying out my recipe and leaving a comment😄

2. Staci says:

Can they be frozen?

1. I have never tried to freeze them. And yes, some pictures show they do, some pictures show they do not. Depends on too many different factors since it is egg white based. If I were to freeze them, I would bake, then cool and freeze indiidually on a cookie sheet. Then transfer to a freezer bag. Reheat in oven for 5 to 8 min at 350F. Thank you for your comment!

3. Karen Solorzano says:

How do I subscribe?

1. Thank you for your comment! At the very end of a post, if on your phone, tap the three dots, it opens up a box for you to follow by email😊 If you are on facebook we are at http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbwiththecarrs

4. Jennifer D says:

Yes these look like more of a puffy sugar cookie. They slice really thin but do make a perfect little sausage and cheese handheld biscuit! They are really good!

1. It is a possibility that your butter and flour were not super cold before starting. They have to be pre chilled for 20 minutes to not melt into a puddle. You can also decrease your oven temp down to 350F instead of 400F. Thank you for your comment😊

2. LoreLoreina says:

Have you ever made a coconut flour version? I don’t do nuts.
    Thanks

1. No, I have not tried with coconut flour before. There are a few coconut flour recipes on the blog. You may search through the search feature.

3. villan40 says:

I just made these.
    I’m trying to rededicate myself to low carb / low sugar diet. First step cut out McD’s sausage biscuit and replace with egg yolk Keto biscuit.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe.

1. You are very welcome!! Since you are ok with almond flour you may like this one!!

I can get 4 sandwiches out of one batch if I cut 1 in half.

Thank you for your comment!

2. Marilyn Banks says:

Great biscuit I will definitely make again! Looked just like ones pictured tasted great too

1. Wonderful that you are starting over!! And even more awesome it turned out for you! Thank you for your comment💓

4. Allyson says:

These were yummy! Unfortunately, the macros came out to be closer to 2.6 net carbs per biscuit (still reasonable!). I used Blanched Almond Flour By Nature’s Eats.

1. Yes I have found some are different than others. It may be the grind, fine vs. coarse That makes the carbs slightly different.
      Thank you for your comment!

5. Rachael says:

Using Bob’s redmill super fine almond flour and my fitness pal recipe calculator these come out to 7.7 g carb – 1.5 g fiber, so 6.2 net carb for each of 6 biscuits.

1. I would HIGHLY recommend using verywellfit.com as a gauge for recipe nutrition information. My fitness pal, if you research, has incorrect calculations of the macro nutrients for many things. This recipe uses 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp of almond flour. Look at the actual nutrition label from a package of Bobs red mill almond flour and you will see what I mean. Thank you for being diligent in checking my calculations. I have posted the nutrition information for this recipe😊

2. April says:

Maybe the original recipe is not using Bob’s Super Fine Almond Flour? Calculating by hand: Bob’s Super Fine Almond Flour – 5 g carbs per 2 T (or 4 g net). Recipe has 18 T almond flour, so 9 units x 5 g carbs = 45 g total (36 net). So 6 muffins at 7-ish total carbs (6 net) each.

1. I am also calculating by hand from the package. 1/4 cup has 6 g carb/3 fiber. Multiply by 4 to get 1 cup, then add half listed to get the 2 Tbsp = 27g c /13.5g fiber for the recipe. These are the figures. It seems you have a different set of figures for some reason. Thank you for your comment.

2. April says:

Crazy! I wonder if the variable numbers Bob’s Red Mill supplies are due to rounding errors, or maybe some of the numbers are based on weight instead of volume. I’ve been doing a lot more calculating lately since mom has started reducing her carbs and is also on insulin – for myself I can approximate, but for her I have to be much closer.

3. I understand completely!! I would recommend going by your particular package so you are on track😊 Thank you for sharing your findings!

6. You are my new friend…

Gayle

1. I am so happy you love them! I could always use more friends❤

7. lizkirby says:

Am I missing the print button? It’s so hard to read from my phone that I need to print it so I can see what I’m doing and not miss anything! They look fabulous!

1. No,there is not a print button. It is a feature I can have in the future once my daily views increase. I would recommend highlighting, cut n paste into word, or note pad to print😊

8. Lee Ann says:

Just tried this and very happy with the texture and flavor.May add a little more salt but prefer over the cheese breads. I flattened out my scoops with a small spatula and were easy to slice and add butter. Mmmm

1. You made them perfect when the texture turns out!! Thank you for sharing😊

9. Marcelle says:

I am allergic to eggs , can I use Bob mill Egg Replacer for the eggs? I would like to make them.

1. I have never used egg replacement before. If it whips up like egg whites it may work. Tge idea is to get some air in there to achieve the light biscuit texture.

10. Heather V. says:

Made tonight and turned out well. Texture was great but just a tad dry. It’s my first recipe with almond flour and a Keto bread item so maybe that’s part of it! My hubby tried and thought they were great and would eat instead of regular biscuits!

1. Great job trying out a new recipe!! Try to not scoop the flour but spoon into your measuring cup so it isn’t packed. That may help!

11. Jody says:

I subbed full fat sour cream in place of the eggs and these were great.. I was not able to cut minein half but totally was able to smear butter on top! I think with a tad more sour cream they would hd together great! Thank you! Also for those who don’t use eggs in recipes.. sour cream us a great sub.. !

1. Thank you so much for letting me and everyone else know about your success with the substitute!!

12. Denise says:

👍🏻 Turned out exactly as posted. Had with my sausage gravy. ❤️ The carb reduced and I didn’t have to give up my biscuit and gravy😋

1. Thank you so much for your comment!! Yes! Thats why I first made them was to have with biscuits and gravy! Im a country girl😉 So happy they worked out for you!

13. Alycia says:

I rarely comment on receipt posts. But Dear Lord this must be said. I whipped up these biscuits this morning. I went into it a bit apprehensive… because I’ve tried other Keto biscuit recipes and been disappointed.
    Not this time. This morning I made these beautiful biscuits and I’m pretty sure I heard the Angels singing when I ate them. Thank you for this recipe. You have become my hero.

1. Alycia,
      I know what you mean!! It was like FINALLY I could enjoy my biscuits with sausage gravy and it not be dust in my mouth🤣
      I am so happy they turned out for you!!

14. Shelly Parker says:

These turned out amazing! They look awesome too! No one would believe they are low carb!

1. Thank you for letting me know they worked for you!! Yes,I love them!!

15. Heather says:

I just made this biscuits for breakfast. They are Delicious! Best biscuit I’ve ever made and I’ve tried a lot! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

1. So happy they worked for you! You’re welcome!

16. Fran says:

I wonder if these taste like baking powder biscuits…I sure hope so! When I was a kid, my mother made strawberry shortcake using those biscuits…when I finally had them made the “normal” way, I was very disappointed!! I’m sure there’s a recipe out there for Keto strawberry sauce, and whipped cream.
    Mom also made biscuits with either raisins or chopped ham and cheese in them; do you think that would work with this recipe?

1. You could easily make a strawberry sauce with stevia, or erithrytol! Sweeten fresh whipped cream the same! They remind me of the drop biscuits my Mom made from bisquik mix actually.
      I think adding ham & cheese would be a great addition!
      Thank you for sharing your memory and ideas!! I would love to know how they turn out for you!

17. Jessie says:

These are good but there is no way those nutrition facts are right. The almond flour alone is approx 640 per cup so there it’s not possible for each biscuit to be 70 calories if you make 6 total. I’m using bobs red mill almond flour and kerrygold butter and it comes to 162 kcal per biscuit

1. I just imputted the info into a recipe calculator. I am following a low carb lifestyle so calories are not a calculation I adhere to. Each situation is unique and it is a good practice to compile your figures you need from your ingredients you use. Thank you for stopping by!

18. Beth says:

Ok now. These were the best biscuits ever. Bisquick has nothing on these. I followed exact directions even down to using a knife to mix it and they were perfect. I’m going to double the recipe next time. Which means tomorrow. Lol. 6 just isn’t enough!

1. Lol, yes, thats truth 6 isnt enough! I have been making a batch each week just for me! I am so excited they turned out for you😁Thank you so much for sharing your experience in a comment to share with everyone!

19. Judy says:

WOW – these biscuits are sooo amazing! I put sausage on mine – the next time I plan on making some Keto friendly strawberry jam as a finishing touch on one of my biscuits! Thank You for the recipe!

1. Wonderful!! Thank you for posting your feedback! So glad you tried them😊 Jam is perfect on them!! And you are welcome!

20. Tiffany says:

AMAZING! My entire family loved them!
    Than you so much

1. You are so welcome!! It is a fave with our family too! Thank you so much for your comment!😍

21. Anne says:

I can’t wait try these. So happy I came across your site. How do you store these, as with any homemade bread. Would you leave on the counter or in the fridge?

1. They are great! I recommend in the fridge as they will spoil easily. Quick tip, stick egg whites in food processor, then other ingredients. Pulse till combined. Makes it faster! ENJOY!